The chhyang has come beautifully

 SO it's been what, 10-ish days since I setup the chhyang, with the undercooked rice because I didn't realize you needed to make 'holes' in rice before steaming otherwise you'll get unevenly cooked rice. And like five days since I added bunch of extra water to the concoction because not much was happening and I was afraid the whole batch would go to waste.

It's been glorious success. I've been checking up on it every day or every other day and the fermentation is still vigorous, can hear the sound of bubbles coming up, and the sweet, tart, yummy smell of rice wine is so encouraging. Tasted some earlier today and it's sweet but also really tasty. Not yet sour or dry yet. Perfect 'dessert' or 'appetizer' chhyang to try in Nepali new year's eve in two days. I'm so excited about this.

The next round is going to be ever so good.

Potential problem is that I was having very minor tummy issues in the evening today and it may or may not be related to the chhyang. I won't be sharing the drink if I can attribute the drink solely for the tummy situation. But even then I can probably fix a lot of issues I faced by cold crashing the drink and filtering it better. Make sure the yeast stays at the bottom and the drinkers get just the fresh booze. Eating live yeast is so bad for your tummy, apparently. What a bummer, you gotta filter your booze for that reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.