Motels are fine, whatever

 So in Crescent City California, the northernmost city of decent size in California with beach access we stayed at the Motel 6 motel in town. It was real cheap, 70 bucks for the night. Split among four people it was pretty much...nothing. Plus, the fact that they allow more than 3 people was kinda' mindblowing for me because in Kathmandu you can't put more than three in the room, likely because people were squeezing a dozen to a room.

So it was cheap. And it was slightly less scary and uhhh sketchy than I thought it'd be. And there were quite a few expensive RV's parked in there, so that was encouraging. The trash over there was manageable, it wasn't very smelly. The room was quite nice, the AC worked, the tv had a lot of channels, and there was some sort of 'room service' where they brought us extra blankets and towels when we asked for them.

I don't fully understand the economics of running motels but clearly they're profitable. As long as they're safe and healthy and provide good service, I actually wouldn't mind staying there. Specially if they have swimming pools or whatever.

Yeah, it was the first time I stayed at a motel, and the experience was pretty decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.