Review: Araya's place at U District, weekend lunch

This is a review of Araya's place, the Thai restaurant at University District in Seattle. More specifically their weekend (and week) lunch deal.

They have two lunch offers: a curry and rice for seven bucks, and a larger deal which included one serving of pad thai, one rice, one curry, one full-sized salad, and one black rice pudding. All vegan, all for takeout.

First the service: it was great, delivery was quick. Price was extremely reasonable. The drinks were overpriced, that's definitely where they made the difference from what a goddamn clever trick.

The serving sizes were massive, particularly for the 15 buck offer, I got four meals out of that one order. You tell me if that wasn't a good deal!

Tastewise everything was perfect. I don't usually eat salads, but this one was good. The rice pudding was sweet and creamy. The curry was so goddamn creamy, even though I didn't care for the veggies. The pad thai wasn't awful, that's a compliment coming from me, I hate those things.

8.5/10, I'd like to get their lunch deal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.