I saved between $25 and a $100 (and increasing) by growing my own Shiitake mushrooms

 I'll make this quick, no point stretching out an easy win too much, don't want to sound like I'm gloating.

So I bought the Shiitake for 10 bucks from the farmer's market. The first flush gave me 20 ounces. At a price of 5 bucks per ounce (which I found in one of the safeways in Oregon) that's a hundred bucks worth of shiitake. At a price of 1.5 bucks per oz, which is the price in Seattle that's 30 bucks. And I'm expecting to get between 2.5 to 3 lbs of total stuff, aka 40-48 oz. Which means I'll save/make between $60 to $240 worth of mushrooms by growing the shiitake by myself.

After the grand success of the shitake growing, thinking of taking Lion's mane as well. Will need to get to funsies mushrooms eventually, when I have a lowkey weekend because it does need some effort, as soon as I can. I'm just so afraid of failure there, I can't seem to make myself make the final jump. This weekend, I 'promise'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.