Need to scale up the experimental brews

 I've been taking it too careful with milk kefir, small batches at the time, not keeping pace with how much the public aka my close group of friends in Seattle absolutely fucking loves those things. Gotta scale up the production so I may provide a bottle each of kefir to all my friends, even extended group, every week.

Water kefir is even slow, I've been doing some sort of weird two-stage fermentation, first with the jellies in a very small jar, and then with the low-floating natural yeasts in a much larger container. I'm beginning to suspect the yeast-heavy second fermentation may be fucking things up, gotta fridgerate that up.

Been extraordinary careful with kombucha because I'm not sure where it'll go. It's so freaking tart, not even sour, just hella tart which I could definitely sell as a good thing to people...if I ever offered it up. I'm thinking of making the kombucha super thirsty for sugar, and then mix it with warter kefir and whole lotta sugar for second fermentation so I get super fizzy water kefir, because with fizz in it tastes exactly like expensive soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.