The New York times

More news from the place faraway
That mythical land of New York.
Where women are many,
Not enough men.
And the women too, single
The whole bunch of them.

What happened there,
I ask the resting traveler,
In between sips of his brew
He narrates the tale of the ole' crew
Where the guys, actively sitting down
Reject making moves,
For fear of becoming a clown
And their mates, no moves there
Afraid of the non-existing history
Refusing to act altogether.

Then there's much about, of a pal from way back
Unheard from, disappeared, through the years
Still there, single and ready to mingle
And just as tough, he reminds me,
To talk to,
She's still igniting every man's deepest fears.

Money's sloshing around
I am told,
You just gotta put your hands out
And it'll be found
Companies started, on the millions
No future, no profits,
Hoping on having a massive turnabout.

And all of this
Reminds me
Perhaps there's not much lost
With the distance
Besides the friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.