Clubbing things, friends and the joy of just dancing

It is not a secret that despite being quite bad it from a technical sense, I quite enjoy dancing. Give me popping music and I'll bust out my moves. Give me even crappy music that's hard to understand, and I'll still try to figure out the beats and figure out way to stretch my muscles. It's heart when the heart is not a hundred percent into it, but the body is. But one must. It's a meditation, it's a practice, it's a sport. For one's body and mind.

So when we went dancing this past weekend to Kremwerk, it was a joyous occasion. We explored two different floors...our stamp was for the entire complex but there wasn't sufficient time to go everywhere. Just bopping around, stretching, goofing, giggling, and the rest. Jumping, jumping. Some of the music was great, other performances were just okay. My pace was all over the place -- as the music went -- but the fun was all there. It's such a relief to be able to not worry about what anybody else thinks, not care about how bad you might be at it, not give a whit about what the expectations might be, and just bust out your moves. Shake shake shake, tap tap tap. Clear your mind, and move.

I'm at an age where my friends have had multiple children, some who are almost teenagers. In the extended group, my fellows are 'too old' to be doing this sort of stuff. But people tend to go 'all-in', stretch their bodies to the limit. For me, dancing is not about exploring the limits of human body, no no, it's about grounding oneself to the tunes of the music. To let one's self go free and do what it wants.

I like to dance at clubs, despite being in my early thirties, and I'll keep doing for a while. Because it's so darn fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.