Fidelity account added and the disappointment of low-interest Capital One savings account

Turns out Capital One has been reducing the interest rates on the high-yield savings account without informing the account holders. Sneakily reducing a few bips every few weeks, until its so much lower than everywhere else, but the users don't notice. That was a big fat fucking annoying thing. So I did something sneaky and cool. I created my sixth or second account on Fidelity. Their cash account, to be able to use it as a bank. That way I can put all my cash parked in SPAXX, instantly transfer it to the cash account for daily usage, and so forth. Don't care for the savings account seeing as they're offering an interest rate a full percentage point lower than SPAXX returns.

I'm hella mad. Speaking of which, I do need to close out my BoFA account, but maybe not immediately. It's getting out of control, yeah we're getting close to four or five different finance accounts. But it's fine, I'm not using some of those, so there's some benefit in that. Eventually when it's time to make a planned move, we'll close some of them.

For the moment, I'm all-in on the fidelity account. They have amazing services, and are more reliable than other brokerage accounts as well as investment managers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.