On the whole massive subculture of adult disney influencers, and the wild economy around them

 I love, love, love


this video. It's 4-hours long, but oh where those hours go, so quick. It's been documented all over the internet at this point about how watchable this video is. How incredibly-researched and well-presented the whole thing is. I love the producer, I love her other videos, I love the vibe. I want to be her, do these things. This is what commitment and expertise looks like. So. Very. Focused.

What this also taught me, however, is that there are hundreds if not thousands of pro-disney content creators who make millions just on their disney-review videos. Not just that, there's hundreds of 'meta' disney reviewers whose job is to review those reviewers, like this journalist. It's an entire subculture of disney-parks oriented media. They are targeted at adult disney fans who will spend tens of thousands of dollars each annually to squeeze out every last drop of fun experience disney will grant to them. Disney is clearly a religion at this point, and these are pilgrims going to the holy land. People will die, and kill, for the Mouse's sake, that I can say with confidence.

Yikes. Y.I.K.E.S. We are just apes, it's becoming clearer. I'm increasingly disappointed in humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.