Potatoes, ugh

I had potatoes for lunch yesterday. Air fried crispy potatoes, russet ones. They were supposed to be crispy, but they were not, but still so good. It didn't feel super good as I'd successfully avoided the taters for the past six months. Too much starch, very easily absorbed, and I didn't eat it with protein. Straight into my veins as sugar. But there was nothing else at home, and the potatoes were going bad, so something had to be done!

I like potatoes! They're my favourite root-vegetable! A love the joke in Peep Show where Jeremy is unsure if potatoes are vegetables or like pasta or bread because they're good and tasty, but also...not flour? Anyway, I ate them, they were decent, and I felt alright. It was less than ideal, but we can work with that.

I should really include lots of protein with my meals, forrealz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.