Unseasonably cool May-Jun has been such a welcome respite!

It's the fifth of May, and while today has been warm and sunny, the weeks preceding have been pleasantly gloomy and rainy. The best thing about Seattle for me is the moderate weather, even in the summer it barely gets intolerable. Except my apartment is a bit of a greenhouse. So there's always skepticism, fear of the hot godawful weather. Our summers start in May, I was fearful May-Jun were going to be intolerably hot.

But no, that didn't happen! Until now we've had exceedingly 'nice' weather, in that we got decent number of sunny days, combined with days that gave more reprieve. My apartment didn't become a greenhouse, and hasn't yet, for that I'm so very grateful!

That will change of course, and I've written to great lengths about the need of an AC unit and so forth. Not yet, is my conclusion. My stay here is not long enough to warrant it. And if the weather gods are by my side, 'never' might be a viable answer after all! Not for this apartment, anyway! Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.