On avocados

In Nepal we called avocado the ghee fruit. For obvious reasons. We didn't know what to do with it though. The first few times I had avocado in Kathmandu we had it by itself, just slices of ripe avocado no salt it anything. Yeah it was uhh fatty and had an interesting texture but we didn't see a point of it, our family. It was like eating sticks of unsalted butter by the spoonful. So I told my friends too.

Things are different now, I know now avocadoes can be consumed in all these different ways but eating them unsalted by the spoonfuls is not one of them. In guac or on sandwiches or with salads. Dips or even other replacements for other fats. One of the best possible use of avocado for me is to use it instead of mayonnaise in egg salads. Yum.

My bean salad experience was taken to a different level with an avocado in each today at lunch. More filling more smooth better mouthfeel and better taste. It was a good idea to have bought avocado at Wegmans. 

Considering of taking this to the next level. Avocado sticks (like mozzarella sticks), baked avocado, and baking eggs on a cut avocado. So much potential for experimentation and exploration. These are exciting times!

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.