I came up with new way to do mealprep

 So here's an idea/proposal on making complex meals during the week easier/quicker.

First, start with the base for the veggies. Beans say. I boil two bases, separately, no salt nothing. So chickpeas and red beans. Or kidney beans and blacked eyed beans. Mung and peas, whatever. A large mass, enough for 3 or four meals for the week each.

Also potentially cook up one or two 'sauces' or achars, tomato ko achar of one kind, and something else etcetera.

Then during the course of the week, use the protein base, add sauces or curry as we go, after cooking them since they're done in 10/15 minutes. Each meal lasts 2/3 meals so even though I have only two bases, I have like what 8/10 different kinds of meals.

Things I could make: different kinds of curries. Soups. Saucy vegetables. Bean salads. Wraps. Even filling for sandwiches! Maybe even tempe and kinema on the go!

Other ideas: boil potatoes in the weekend, and use the boiled potatoes for everything else, mashed, fried, roasted, curried, so many different ways to use existing potatoes. Combine with the beans form above. That takes away the boring part of cooking/boiling/peeling.

Even with green veggies, spinach, I could do a quick blanch at the start of the week, and then cook according to the demands of the exact recipe. 

That way while the rice/carb cooks (15/20) minutes, I'd be done with the veggies too.

Healthy, easy, and a large variety of tastes and textures over the course of the week.

Gotta try it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.