Final rice and gundruk for lunch, suddenly motivated, hau hau groceries, so may foods, eggplant and tofu tarkari with jasmine rice for dinner, evening writing [Wed 27]

I'm writing this the Monday after because I was socially active, had a guest over (AK) over the weekend, and then spent inordinate amount of time talking to friends across the ocean.

For lunch I had the final round of rice and gundruk that I'd made the weekend before.

During the day I felt a sudden pang of motivation, which led me to walk to Hau Hau market and buy a tonne of fresh veggies there. SO many meals for thirty bucks, such a good deal.

The deal with buying cheap groceries at Hau Hau is you need to cook your purchases on the same day,or the day after or they go bad. Bought tmaarind syrup and some berry powder to use for interesting new dishes.

For evening I made mapo tofu (with the mapo tofu mix) with eggplant. The trick to cooking good eggplants, it turns out, is to not cook them to the point of liquefaction.

Made jasmine rice in the cooker, and ate it with the tofu-eggplant curry. yum yum yum. So satisfying, so filling so yummy. Made me realize the benefits of jasmine rice over basmati.

Wrote a bunch in the evening as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.