I should start writing at work, get on the original plan more seriously

My writing plans with the work blog aren't going so good. Started writing one single post couple of weeks ago, and got two paragraphs written and that's it. Didn't work out so well. Every time I sit down to write, I'm waiting to be inspired but as experience in this blog has shown that is unlikely to ever happen, inspiration is never what takes you to high productivity,it's always setting yourself with high expectations, holding high level of discipline, and creating a timeboxed period to write it.

If I don't set that then it's not happening. And I need to put timeboxed events to start writing this. Without timeboxing, this blog wouldn't have happened, and that's not going to happen at work either. The problem with timeboxing is that there's other stuff to be done and I keep getting pulled into other shit at work. But if I block time with no intention of doing anything else for an hour or so daily, I'd definitely make much more progress.

So yah, I have a lot to contribute to my work blog, and everybody would benefit from it, I just need to push myself hard enough to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.