I discovered the new best fucking burritos and mexican takeout, in Boston: A review of El Jefe's

There's this Mexican place on the South-East corner of Boston Public Common that I went during one of the evenings of my Boston stay. I went there at half past midnight, it's open until two. The place is called El Jefe's, and it's the best goddamn cheap mexican place I've ever been to in the United States of America. There's no close second, not by far.

Things I like: friendly staff, decent ambience, an insane amount of choice for spicy sauces, fantastic opening hours, friendly patrons, a large selection of choices, different options for different meals of the day, generous portion sizes, generous flexibility in options, extremely reasonable prices, and hot damn, their fried plantains.

For 11 buckaroos I got a massive burrito with vegan chicken, beans, rice, couple of veggies, and a massive fried plantain, yummy. I got a side of plantains for three more dollars.

This is by far my favourite 'overall' place, and while it doesn't complete with Tenoch Medford in flavor, goddamn, it's strange thing to say I miss Boston for its Mexican food. Which I do now.

Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.