Work until late, massive custom taco meal, short afternoon nap, Rachel's ginger beer with Pb, evening walk in the rain, evening writing [Tue 19]

I'm writing this on the Saturday morning, because Wednesday was busy AF to get around to write for this day, Thursday I slept a lot, Friday was busy hosting guests, and now I've finally come around to pay the debt of unwritten posts.

During the day I was working until 3 because I had like 4 hours of meetings this day as well. And my coworkers wouldn't let me go because this and that needed to be figured out.

For lunch I took the spring onion pancake, made mushroom and carrot tarkari with various spices and tahini in the air fryer, added some powders and fixins like nutritional yeast, chilli crisps and ketchup, and that was one glorious taco. Couple of points: the spring onion pancakes are just...okay, they're not salty and flavorful enough and I really miss Trader Joe's malabari naan. Also this one one occasion where I really missed cheese, after force-fed myself on mozzarella the week before because the stringiness and the 'bite' would have been a fantastic complementary flavor.

Took a power nap in the afternoon.

Went to meet PB down to RGB, he came to Seattle last year when we became friends and it was nice catching up with him again. It feels good to be appreciated and find a friend group that is detached from the whole...high-school gang from back in the day. He has extraordinarily good credentials, and works for business consulting too, which isn't anything to sneeze at, but it's also not terrible to hang with driven people every so often.

After hanging with him, went on evening walk to Volunteer park. It was raining, not very disruptively, but heavily enough to make one's hoodie cover wet. So pleasant. My favourite weather in this city.

Did heavy evening writing before going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.