I really really should be using all those spices i have before they expire

The problem is that there's about two megatons of old spices in my cupboard. Asian spices, Indian spices, latin spices, middle-eastern spices. Spices I bought, spices that got sent from Nepal, spices that friends left with me before moving away. And I haven't been cooking much. Which means they're losing their aroma, they're expiring, they're dying, without fulfilling their life's purpose, to provide joy and fragrance to humans who consume them. I'm a Kantian monster for hoarding spices and not making nearly enough use out of them. A prisoner of flavor, a warden of joy and spice. The king of boredom, emperor of blandness. I should do better, I know it's possible.

Just need to cook more, using more spices, and inviting people to eat more. That'll improve my cooking skills, help me with friends-making, make me more social, and get rid of the spices.What's even the blocker there, I don't understand. I have spices, I like to cook, I like spicy food. Combine three interests of mine, and hooooo boi, you got that stew goin'!

Sorry, that's the second time I've used that Carl Weathers Arrested Development Stew meme today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.