Morning packup, missed belt, airport ride, banh mi brunch, delayed but uneventful flight, late to the hotel, the most ripoff expensive eggplant sandwich, night walk in the rain in the park, latenight coworker chat [Mon 11]

 I'm writing exactly a week after this Monday, on the evening, because literally nothing got written during the week as I was far too tired from long days of working and coworker interacting. And two days for recovery seems reasonable before getting back to writing, innit?

Packed my bags 30 minutes before heading out to the airport, fairly confident I finally put in everything. Unfortunately not, my trouser belt was left out.

Took an uber ride to the airport, the security line went pretty quickly. Went to a vietnamese restaurant and got a banh mi for brunch. Good but not filling enough.

Flight was delayed by 1.5 hours, no big deal, kept reading whatever that I was reading at the time. Flight was completely uneventful, got an uber and went to the Hotel. Love how close they've made the uber/lyft stand to the Boston airport, all so convenient!

Got to the hotel super late, basically everything had shut down. Went to this stupid takeout place and got an eggplant sandwich. 27 buckaroos for an extremely mediocre eggplant sandwich. Don't think I'll ever go there again. Worst meal in terms of price to value ratio.

Took the sandwich to Boston public garden and ate there, walked around Boston Common, the theater district, saw the college kids there, and all the way back to the hotel. Was about to get a cup of hot choco before going to bed when I saw a group of Irish coworkers in the lounge. Spent like 1 hour or 1.5hrs talking to them, and finally went to sleep at 12.30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.