Me? A Guru? Why not!

What is the self,
they ask me,
the waylaid ones,
and I speak out
the few crumple pages
in the shelves
of my brain.
And they go away
amazed, interested,
and even mildly
impressed
at what can
be best described as
warm to mediocre.

How do I
they ask me
become me,
my true self
in front of all,
they ask me,
over and over
and the solution
remains the same,
always and forever.
Love thyself,
I tell them,
and the world will love you
and they go away
impressed at the wisdom
of a sage
a boring one,
but still.

I wonder
sometimes,
Me,
I think,
they're treating me
as a guru,
full of wisdom
and advice,
what a world!
And then...
see everybody else
giving out advice,
you know what
all things considered
I'm not the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.