Terrible commute day [Wednesday 4]

Extremely boring day, makes me want to reconsider either a) if this is all worth writing or b) if I should live an interesting life where I actually do fun interesting things. Hmm. In any case, in reverse chronological order, here's an order of things I did today. Here. We. Go!

Finished talking and catching up with roommate SM and PK. SM was home and available after a long time since it's finals week. Before that I worked out, wrote or prepared for writing and watched Kim's Convenience with roommates BB PK and semi-roommate I. Equal parts talking and watching actually.

Made dinner of garlic bread with cheese that I got from Wegman's yesterday. Used that as bread for egg-hummus-sriracha sandwich. What a great combo, genius. Ate five of those bread slices and two boiled eggs so it was a big dinner for me. Before that talked to BB for about an hour maybe after I showed a potential roommate around the apartment who's taking SM's place when he's gone.

Commute home in the evening absolutely sucked as it took me an hour and a half exactly between leaving work and arriving at the apartment. Most of it was waiting, but still.

Work was medium-productive -- figured things out and got things done but some things still befuddle. Had a good bean-salad lunch and had an extra egg sandwich lunch which was a leftover from one of the meetings. First thing in the morning was a department meeting which meant I didn't write a lot.

Commute to work in the morning was from Davis because roommate BB had warned early on that Orange Line was fked. Thank god for roommate BB. Walking to Davis in the snow still took a long time, 'tis was but a comfortable commute.

I should really consider leading a more interesting and happening life. Either I should reevaluate writing interesting novels where exciting things happen (and write things I can identify with more closely and reflect my experience set), or I should start doing more outgoing things, just for the sake of experiences -- hearing seeing talking to people and listening to their stories -- so I can write based on that. They say garbage in, garbage out, and with garbage information on how people live their lives, my writing is going to be garbage too. Things need to be done, and I'm talking about actions in addition to attending meetup events. And maybe staying out beyond 9PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.