Eating my plants

I started planting the green onions bought from the market in flowerpots, and harvesting them when I need to. That makes them last for longer, I get multiple harvests out of them instead of the single I'd get otherwise, get to feel like a farmer, get practice for my hydroponics system, have a 'useful' functional plant in my apartment, and generally get to compete with PN who're growing a bunch of different veggies in their backyard.

This is the first time I've done it at this scale, the harvesting of dying mint plants, and sprouts don't count, and growing mushrooms is a whole different thing for me.

So it's been interesting, and the fact that I get only so many harvests out of adult green obions means I have to time and plan my harvests too. Fun fun fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.