Short comment on the less-preferred clubs in CapHill

This will be short. I don't like going to Rhino Room club, despite it being the closest venue to dance. It's really really crowded, the vibes there is that of college students, and just-turned-21 folks, it's known as the 'sorority club', I hate the music they play and cannot figure out the genre, or the beats to dance to, and in general never have connected to it and the people there in a manner I have at other places. I've gone there twice, three times maybe and in neither of those occasions has my experience been notably good. Which is not to say it's been bad: I'd rather go there, much more so than Q or Vue, but I'd rather not go there than otherwise.

That's the situation. There's a limited number of places suitable for dancing around, and Barboza might be the best of the dregs considering Q is absolutely foul, Rhino is so-so, and everything else doesn't really have much dancing. Chop Suey and the likes to, but they also cater to a younger crowd.

That's all I got. My clubbing days are far in the past.

Yesterday I had to go to rhino because my group really wanted to, and I didn't want to bail out since it'd be twice in a row. I didn't find it unpleasant...I danced, and people were accommodating, but the vibes was...not good. The guys were too aggressive, the girls not into dancing as much as I'd prefer. It wasn't a friendly dancing-for-the-sake-of-it mood, that was sad people desperate for love and intimacy hoping life throws a triple-6 at them. Not something one should count on, imho.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.