The change in basic android launcher has been shockingly effective?

I recently changed the home launcher on my android phone to a much minimalist and simple one compared to the stock android version. There was a post on it that should have been published by now, but because of...sleep, I didn't get around to posting it the day before. It'll come up soon, but pretend that's already been posted k.

And it's been surprisingly effective? It's quite possible it's the novelty effect, but going to an app or doing something on my phone feels a lot more deliberate. Snapchat has been named to 'time wasting app', youtube is 'tv', podcast app is 'radio' etcetera. So if I desire a dopamine hit, I can't just click an icon anymore, I need to consciously think of what action I want to take, how I want to get it done, and consciously, mindfully take actions to get there.

It's reduced my browser, as well as youtube use because now I'm fully conscious of my actions ('ohh, I'm going to my youtube app, as in watching tv, why am i doing that?'). I hope this effect lives on. I have significantly reduced my browser usage in recent days, from 4+ hours to barely two hours, and regularly less than an hour. If this whole thing helps me reduce it further, and makes that reduction more consistent, nobody's a bigger winner than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.