I'll need to 'cheat' in my chhyang making by backsweetening a bit

The problem with the latest round of chhyang is it's a bit too boozy, tastes too much like actual liquor and not enough like 'dessert' which is what I'm trying to sell it off to my friends as. Which means I'll have to use the time-tested method of adding flavor to overfermented booze: backsweetening. Adding sugar at the bottling stage because there's not enough sugar in the liquid to make it taste very good. Winemakers do it, serious brewers do it, and now I'll have to come 'down' to it as well. Not like it's not happened in the past, but the hope has always been to learn the craft enough to avoid doing it, but ah well.

This round of chhyang has served me exceedingly well, helped me make friends and maybe even 'influence' people! I'm very much looking forward to finishing it all and starting a whole new batch. Good times ahead for brewer me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.