The Library is the perfect refuge in the intense summer heat

The last week has been brutal, truly awful heat wave that's made living in my apartment basically impossible for large parts of the day. The morning chill is no more, by 10 it's a mild oven in there, at 3 you could cook a hot-dog on the grill without turning it on, and at 7-ish, all bread kept outside gets toasted. It's unbearable, awful. And I would have been in quite a bind if I had nowhere air-conditioned to go.

Fortunately there's the Seattle Library, CapHill branch, it's cool, decently nice and even the homeless people there are decent and respectful. It's a good vibe to be inspired to read and write because that's what people are doing there generally. There's cool water on the fountains, the restrooms are clean and comfortable when not being used by druggies, and the stafff is fantastic

Truly, the public library is an oasis in the summer desert of these August days, and I'm so fortunate to be able to use it. Thanks Seattle public library!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.