It's so hot, my writing's been handicapped

 Parts of this post were recorded to google recorder and transcribed. The post is based on the transcribe, but not a direct version of it.

It's been so hot lately, particularly in the evenings that writing, or even sitting down to get ready to write, has been challenging. My brain won't work. It thinks it's in one of those crazy life-or-death situations, as if I'm in a sauna.

I do want to write, and during the day it's hard because it's hot and intolerable and I would do anything but write, such as going to the library or napping. In the day I count on the possibility things get better in the evening. But no, because of the location of my apartment the evenings aren't any better. So for the past couple of days, the pace of my writing has reduced, and the posts have therefore bunched up to today. That's how it'll be until the heat subsides.

Oh and by the way I fucking hate google record transcribing for these blog posts. Because it puts fullstops and capitalizations at the weirdest of places. It has no clue about the intention of any of the sentences, and capitalizes based purely on the volume of my voice and the time gap between the words. If somebody is narrating or dictating at a very measured, slow pace, then it's going to be putting fullstops. on. every.fucking.word. And Capitalizing Them. Also it has no concept of commas, but that's a different thing. I've only seen full stops and weird capitalizations, never a 'correct' comma between my phrases. I guess it's the compromises you've got to make.

It's much faster for me to read the transcribe and modify it as I read it then edit it because there's so many errors in the transcription I only get frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.