Heatwave!

I was telling friend SK last week how it was Fall season already! The evenings were becoming cooler, the mornings were chilly, the Sun was going down at a reasonable time almost, and leaves were losing some of their luster. It's time to put on light jackets when we go on our evening walks man, I told my friend. I was relieved that my family and friends would be coming in a couple of weeks because they'd get to experience the best of Seattle without getting baked (literally) in my apartment like a muffin.

That was before.

And yesterday I get a extreme heatwave warning on my phone. Not that I needed it. For the last few days it's been unseasonably hot and humid. Yesterday was almost intolerable. And this morning the chilly morning was replaced with a steamy one. I was sweating and got minor head-related headache all day long, something that hadn't happened in a while.

To skip the heatwave, at least during the day, I've come to the CapHill library. It's so cold here, almost too cold with the AC. I'll need to cherish it because they shut down at 6 today, and the weather's predicted to be excruciating until late at night today (at last at least a few more days). The plan is to go on a walk from here, because my route is shielded from Sun and generally windy. But what about this evening, you might wonder. Because I can't keep running from the insane temperatures, and my apartment's on the west-facing fourth floor of an old building without AC, bad insulation and a literal greenhouse in the middle of the building. It'll be a sauna alright. Predicting that there's not going to be much productivity later in the day. Whatever. As long as I survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.