Man's gotta shopping spree

Earlier today I spent some serious time looking at refurbished corporate Dell laptops trying to figure out which model best suited me. Almost bought a $190 one that was probably three times as powerful as my base home machine, quite updated, and as good as something I could ever get, but decided against it, because I didn't really need a second powerful laptop. But it was all so cheap! But 190 for something I didn't need was 190 more than I would have otherwise spent, regardless of how good of a value it was. Thought about it through the course of the day, and about an hour ago ended up buying an older model, but one that cost me 130 buckaroos including taxes. It's not as powerful as my current home machine (technically, though it likely is because it's several several generations ahead) and obviously not as good as slightly more expensive options, but for that much money, which would otherwise have only bought me a crappy chromebook, I got a relatively powerful machine with a decent operating system that I can use as a home server, or take out without fear of it being compromised. Since it's a newer machine, it's also got full-disk-encryption, so there's even better protection. Feeling good about it, but who knows how long it'll take them for this to be delivered.

Yeah, I didn't need need to buy a new laptop, but that was in my sight for a long time, so what if I bought it. Imma buy an android phone and a couple of e-ink devices more, even if I don't need them, and then I'll be done. It's okay to waste sometime and go on a spree, all one needs to be aware of is actual gain/loss, and I'm definitely gonna be 'winning' thanks to the laptop. Can probs host my website in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.