Project materials arrive, picnicking with friends at Greenlake, an old friend, worst stew ever, lots of writing, lots of writing [Sun 27]

I read a lot on this day as well, like the rest of the weekend. This was a good weekend reading-wise, if not so much walking-wise.

Got my delivery of sweet rice for chhyang-making and tomato seeds for hydroponics. Unfortunately due to seasons and Dashain, I probably won't be able to plant those now, or I won't be here to take care of them and harvest during the end season, which yes I should have thought about before actually buying the packet, but now that I have it, I have it, and I can plant at my terms.

Read a lot during the day, wrote a lot too. I don't know why I'm always playing catchup these days, five posts a day seem a lot, but they're really 45 minutes of half-assed writing at the very best.

In the afternoon took the train to Green Lake, talked to N from Va on the way, discussed art and my project among other things.

Hung out with SA his wife N, his two grad school friends who I've met before and BT. Loads of fun, we played bananagrams, my chhyang wasn't consumed as much because of a miscommunication on my part.

In the evening we went to the nearby restaurant, the Thai one at first that was super expensive, but the table was hard to come by, so we went to a seafood restaurant next. Worst vegetarian stew ever. I barely had a few spoonfuls.

Walked with everybody to the Link station, took the train home, was almost assaulted on my walk back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.