Chhyang tries

I tried a small japanese cup of chhyang this afternoon, all by myself. I was still a big grumpy from a couple of days ago and needed something to mix thing up. I didn't feel very drunk or tired, but the flavor was good, and the hangover appears to be minimum. This reminded me of the chhyang I had in Kathmandu 3g honacha with PU, couple of bottles of it and I didn't feel a thing but PU was stumbling down the stairs. Speaking of which, ack if only certain people would stop smoking like a forest fire then mahybe things would be different and I'm feeling like really strange lately and it's only half-related to the insane external pressure I'm under.

Anyway, the chhyang is really really good, I'm glad I've got this thing going, and yeah I back-sweetened this round with brown sugar, but the next round is going to be sweetened with rice syrup, which I will make myself. And then maybe skip the whole rice-fermenting thing entirely, spend a day to make the rice syrup and put the yeast into the syrup. That way I can control flavor and alcohol content by adding water and other juices if I so desire. It'll be rice-mead-making instead of rice beer-making.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.