Complaining about people and things is fun, yeah, but it's not healthy

Yesterday AyP and I were at a bar where I was just complaining about somebody. Because they're really high energy (like myself) and smart (something I aspire towards) but their approach towards certain things has not caught up with the reality of their circumstances. So they try to reject their reality and impose their will upon the universe in a strange way that becomes the most apparent when they speak of their dreams desires and aspirations. And be snarky at people about their 'best friends' as somebody in their early-to-mid-thirties as if they were fourteen and were talking about a fellow classmate. And their acceptance of their situation, one that has been with them for a decade-and-half seems to be less than complete, and they're mad at everybody else for not understanding that this is actually not their reality, their forrealz reality is something else entirely and that's what they'd rather be seen or and understood as being a part of.

I wish everybody a long, happy, rewarding life, one full of peace and wisdom, I really really do. And so I project it upon everybody, and expect them to have gained that in the time since last meeting them. It rarely works out that way though, doesn't it? How unfortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.