Cooking five batches of rice for chhyang, last batch of rice is finished, cleaning the kitchen, writing and reading and making music, quick TJ's trip, phone calls with friends, bruschetta and sandwiches for dinner, evening walk to park [Sat 2]

The first three/four hours of the morning were spent cooking up five batches of sweet rice for the chhayang. I've mostly optimized the workflow for it so I'm not wasting a terrible amount of time doing things that don't need to be done, and don't create an awful lot of mess in the whole process either. I was cleaning as I went so there wasn't too much mess for the next day. Might have messed a batch or batch-and-half, but they'll hopefully get sorted after I water the rice in a week.

For lunch I had the quinoa rice leftovers. They are finished, freaking finally.

Cleaned the kitchen and all the dishes used, save for the steamer because it was still hot.

In the afternoon read various books, wrote a bunch on this blog, and played the ukulele for a couple of hours.

Went to tj's in the afternoon to buy bruschetta and baguette, saw the prettiest girl I've seen in a long while there (the poem about her is around this post) then called PN. Gifted them the learning to learn book and lazy genius kitchen hardback book. It was so cheap, don't know what's with that.

Had bruschetta dip with the baguette, and also good amount of cheddar and cottage cheese.

Went to Volunteer park for evening walk, listening to the mdwap podcast. So so very dark at nights now, need torch lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.