Watered my chhyang, second stage is done

Eight days after the original round of chhyang was started, I poured water into my jars of fermenting chhyang. This is the longest I've gone without adding water...mostly out of laziness, but also because friend N was around and so there wasn't enough attention. I think at least one jar was on the precipice of going bad and was showing strange coloration, but now that commercial-grade yeast is free to mix in the liquid, with all the grains of rice, we'll hopefully not have any issues ahead of us.

The tiniest jar doesn't have the champagne yeast in it, and even it's been bubbling visibly after the addition of water, and it's the one I was the most worried about spoiling because the grains of rice had completely dried out to the point I thought they weren't even properly cooked to begin with.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.