I am not the villain -- an explanation

And they call me the villain here. Look at their hypocrisy.

I came from nothing, dirt I came from even beneath dirt, loam it was. They didn't care for me I was abandoned as soon as i came into this world. My kind wasn't accepted, a multicultured kind they said, so I fended for myself. Learned the tricks of the trade, went to top schools, got great marks, teachers' favourite and everything. Took interest in independent research I did, was involved in many a project with professors, and all by myself right from a young age.

And I wasn't a loner either. Your achievements are nothing if there's nobody to see it. I had a loyal group of friends who never left me. The others went straight for power or wealth or some sort of strange fascination with mysticism. I showed interest in people okay, tried understanding what it is that they wanted. And worked hard to get their needs met because their success meant my success. Yes there were a few who couldn't tolerate my success and greatness and looked at me with great suspicion but so what. They had nothing on my. My record was spotless, shiny.

I liked to travel in those times and so I did. Explored the world, learned from only the best, took their legacy and continued it on forever. I took over my family business and turned it into a whole different direction. And eventually people began to see my point of view. And sure, you can say I sold out at some point here. For those who hated me I adopted their principles. But a man's gotta survive okay, and I did what I had to. If you can't fight them, join them. Their principles weren't my principles, my circumstances actually would lead me the other way, but they won and I bowed. I was no half-hearted turncoat though, I fully embraced the principles of the very society that had derided and rejected me many years ago, and took them to the next level.

But of course every success comes at a cost. My detractors couldn't see how well I was doing and came up with conspiracies. Ways to defeat me, destroy me, take me down. But I wasn't going to be out so easy, and they didn't get anywhere. What did bring my downfall was my own carelessness, I let the power and success get into my head and didn't bother doing basic research. It backfired on me pretty badly. I was almost destroyed forever.

But I wasn't completely gone. I bid for my time. As I waited for things to cool down I traveled the world again, there would be a right time to make a come back. And there was, I struck. I failed, I struck again, and I failed again and again. But I wasn't going to let the universe defeat me. I organized a big comeback party and finally I was back in town. They didn't know it was me but there we were the movers and shakers in town.

Eventually they figured my existence, and those detractors again started their war on me. And I was powerful, so very powerful nothing could destroy me and my band of followers. Except this circumstantial prophesy and how the mistake I'd made many years ago would come back to bite me. It had never happened in the entire history of histories, and yet it did to me. I was gone, so were my enemies.

Listen, I'm not the one who created the fetish for pure-bloodedness, I'm half-blood myself, alright. I just went along with whatever everyone said even though that could have cost me my life. My research and passion for magic was boundless I pressed it to a point where nobody else had taken it. I'm Tom Marvolo Riddle aka Lord Voldemort and this is my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.