Review: La Cascia's Pizza Cheese pizza slice



At $2 a slice, La Cascia's Cheese Pizza slice is on par with other peddlers of pizza by the slice in the area, including 7-11. Where it differs is the quality and flavor.

The pizza is a standard Detroit-style rectangle, dripping with cheese and tomato sauce. The crust is fluffy in the middle and crispy at the top. New York Pizza this certainly is not, this has texture more of a good slice of Italian bread one might use on a sandwich. Except the bread is quite well spiced, and the contents are heavy enough that the base can just only support them.

If I hadn't gotten this during one of my famous uncontrollable pangs of hunger, the single slice would ahve been a great snack to hold me together for several hours, or it could be a light meal by itself. I do have a small appetite, so results may vary.

The lack of toppings does not hinder the pizza anymore, rather it makes one focus on the other ingredients all of which I could individually taste. The sauce is a little tangy and heavily cooked, thick, well-spiced, the way I like it. Cheese is flowy, not as greasy as other cheap pizzas I've had and doesn't hold itself too strongly together, so when you pull off a bite you're not unraveling the slice. As I said, the crust is quite well-seasoned, and would be great all by itself.

My assessment: definitely getting this again, and so much better than the alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.