I'm the king among men, hear me roar

 Today I feel like a king among men, for I did something nobody could have seen me do. They aka me said I wouldn't do it, I was too lazy I was too clueless and a skillless hack but I did it. I did it finally and I'm a hero, to myself and all my fans out there. Again, that just mostly me.

I broke my phone a week ago. Well the phone broke itself slowly over the course of several years. Nokia 7.1's are known for having a lose connector and the connector eventually degrading till it doesn't work anymore. That's what happened to me. I asked for quote to get it fixed, figured I'd easy pay fourty-fifty, even eighty, they quoted me a hundred and sixty. it was mortifying.

So I do what every reasonably person does, took out the good ole' youtube and looked up the parts on amazon. First it came around 40-ish which I was happy about paying, plus 40 for the equipment which again I was fine because this was a new hobby I was getting into. Then roommate BB tells me he's got all the tools to get the task done. The few materials I did need the glue and glue-remover I decided to buy after I was confident in my skills. Didn't want to waste any money. Borrowed the heater from Su and Jo.

As it turned out I was careless and overconfident, and completely broke my screen in the effort. In my defence my screen was already pretty bad so it's not like it could have taken much stress anyway, but break it did. I gave up, I was a worthless hack, a cheapskate who hadn't tried fixing his phone and now I was stuck with a total piece of crap backup phone that made me want to destroy the phonekind, I didn't know any electronics. Roommate BB suggested I just replace the digitizer because that's often the only thing broken. I looked up, it was 30, making the entire venture a matter of less than fourty bucks, without the glue.

Come this afternoon I'm feeling bored and playing and eventually I get the usb circuit recharged. Got my screen-digitizer delivered and played around with it, and got it right on pretty much the first attempt. There was a lot of unscrewing and rescrewing and a lot of backing out of attempted steps, but eventually I got my phone working. It's charged, the wire connects perfectly, the deep cuts on my screen that had been bothering me for many months now are gone.

And the glue came in with the screen, so it's not like I need to buy anything new. This afternoon I used glue upon the backplate to stick it to the rest of the phone and it didn't work very well. Haven't attempted attaching the screen at all, just pushed it in with force and got all this in the burrito of the phone cover so nothing breaks. I need to glue my phone together tomorrow and the project will have completed. I need to award myself a couple of hundred of rewards to my future hobbies and interests. That's what I deserve.

If i can do this, I can do anything I can conquer the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.