Oat pancake, houseparty preparations, haymarket, uniqlo, gifts from friends, plantains, amazing houseparty, late to bed [Sat 26]

 Got up at 8am, so fresh and ready to take on the world. Since there was literally nothing else in the house to eat, made some oat pancakes using the protein pancake powder, after like eight months and boy I'd missed those, a spoonful or two of sugar and oof it's an amazing breakfast. Only downside is it needs not a small time investment which means it's not viable for weekday breakfast. Wonder if there's a way around that. Hmm. I've been thinking about having nutritious fermented flour porridge and pancakes anyway, gotta try to make this fit into my plans too.

Roommate PK went to Wegmans with RD, who lives nearby us. I was at their place for dinner last month. Cleaned up the house, hid all the crappy things from the 'bar' area in our living room with books so it looked like we were super educated and into the arts and not disorganized. Also, and I'm really excited about this though it may not seem much, threw away old plants that had been dead for years, and reconfigured the decorations so now we don't look like we live in an apartment of hapless bachelors, just a little slightly underdecorated.

Had to go to Haymarket because I already made plans. Wanted to walk all the way but realized there was no point in wasting all the time walking their if my aim was to get the goods and not for the sake of a workout. Walked towards the 89 route, got a bus right on time and reached haymarket even before google predicted. Spent maybe a good 45 minutes doing several rounds of the stalls. The problem with this trip compared to the earlier one a few weeks ago was that I was in too early so ginger was still at a dollar a pound and not three pounds at a dollar. skipped that. Instead I bought 10 pounds of carrots for four dollars and 12 plantains for 1 dollar. Didn't plan on buying the veggies but saw 'em and they were cheap and the ginger-vendor was not willing to negotiate. What a good decision that would turn out later on!

Was bored so walked around haymarket and faneuil hall, saw how lively it was. It's nowhere near what it would be in a normal year but the crowds are increasing at least, people are eating out. Unfortunately a few businesses have packed up from the hall which is a great loss. Still there's some life in there which was quite heartening.

Walked by Uniqlo, remembered having a conversation with roommates about it. We agree their wares are well-priced and trendy. Specially good for me because they make in my size! Decided to check out what was new. Found a cute corduroy shirt, I have many trousers but no corduroy shirt so got it. Looked at a few pairs of super cute underpants, saw uniqlo's masks, looked em up online and apparently they're selling like hotcakes so got them too. By the end of the trip I must have saved maybe seven bucks in carrots but spent ten times that in merchandise I wouldn't otherwise buy.

Took the orange line and the bus 95 back home. Talked to friend N on the way, we're making plans for a weekend getaway in NYC for the upcoming week, more new coming.

Back home I saw a few large packages waiting for me at the doorstep. Carried them up and opened, saw they were carboys and fermentation bottles that PN sent from VA. SO nice of them, now I have to get them super-duper nice housewarming gift. Put on my new shirt and a denim trouser just for show, everyone agreed I looked like, their words not mine, killer.

Fried some savory plantains, they were so good they didn't last long. SRP 'borrowed' a few to make dessert-plantains to be eaten with ice-cream, they weren't as popular as mine, no slight intended. He came several hours earlier than everyone.

The houseparty following was amazing.

RD and her husb dai came over, and his brother too. APK (MIT) was over and so was JS who left after an hour. ND was obviously around. It was a decent sized group folks laughed so much and had a lot of fun. RD couple stayed until 11 which is the latest they've been at our place ever.

SRP and the house talked until 2.30 in the morning, I called it a night, he took an uber home. Had trouble sleeping, what an amazing day, an amazing night too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.