The gloomies, overeating, trouble sleeping [Wed 16]

 Got up early but it was cold and cloudy outside so didn't really get up and let myself have an extra hour of sleep.

Morning was fun, the usual, work was a little busier than what we have regularly. Meetings and calls. Don't remember anything else from the beginning of the day. Mood was alright, not too bad.

Got too hungry, for brunch and a PB sandwich, it was going to be food-for-food before I had my real meal got distracted with other stuff so it ended but being my real meal. Mood was pretty decent at this point.

Sometime after 1 or 2, mood crashed pretty seriously felt like crap couldn't think straight. It was all thanks to getting no proper sleep for many days. The band said I only had 55 minutes of good sleep, and 4 hours of light sleep. I was like a zombie, sad angry confused.

Didn't go out for walks. Didn't want to walk. Roommates felt bad for me. Ate roommate BB's banana pie the last slice which did elevate my mood. Then roommate BB made mashed potatoes asparagus and other things for them, but I ate with kimchi. So much roasted garlic. So so good.

We talked politics, America, what's wrong with it and what the heck we'll be doing if the elections don't go the way we hope them to. We were afraid, confused whatever.

I came in my room earlier than usual made myself write four posts because the post debt is a difficult one to get out of. The writing I did actually I'm not ashamed of. Went to bed at 11.30 so I got enough sleep.

Couldn't sleep. At all. Shut my eyes hard, played podcasts and eps of the show, nothing, no good. And just as I was about to sleep I got notifications from Nepal which fucked my sleep even more. Put the phone in the silence mode and really really tried to put myself at east. Last I remember checking the watch it was ten to two which meant I spent at least two hours trying to go to sleep.

The bad thing was my mood crashed drastically. The good news was that with friends and food the recovery matched it. I need to identify the variables that got be all fucked up. My current theory is the lack of sleep took its toll eventually, and the lack of sleep has to do something with it being september, the temperature and light outside. Thinking of going out in the morning for a 15-min walk at least just for the sake of setting my mental watch right, so I can sleep well at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.