Announcing project 240

 This is the official, as official as things such as these can get, of the project 240.

The idea is this. Over the course of the last month-and-half, I've been able to cover up the 150-or-so (not yet exactly 150 because April remains, but it'll be done in like a day or two) journal posts for the first five months of the year. It was hard and mostly pointless work, but I did it because otherwise the blog stats on the side would look terrible for 2023, and it would look like I was slacking off.

Extending this pointlessness even further, the plan is to push in 240 posts...an average of 80 posts per months for 3 of the 'lost' five months, over the course of next several weeks and months. The goal: to get to a 'respectable' number of posts for the year of 2023, and have it not look like something strange and weird happened.

What are the upsides? I'll write a lot more, need to be focused, have time for 'creative writing', and generally need to push my braincells to come up with interesting, or at least *some* thing over a short time. And it'll look good for the stats, which will make me look good.

The downsides? I'll spend all the time doing it, not following my other passions, not going on walks, and in the end not writing either because it's pointless and hard work and I won't want to do it. In the end why does it even matter, I'll think. Lots of sleeping and procrastinating everything else will happen, and to what...end...exactly? No end. This is not something I can necessarily be proud of or show to other people. I could be doing podcasts instead which would be so much more inpactful and interesting, not to mention exploration of a new medium.

That's all true. But. This is an opportunity to push myself really hard, and I want to test it out. It won't be easy. And quite likely it won't get done. But it's worth the shot. Here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.