Going to be writing at work hours too

I've decided, I'll be writing in my official 'work blog' during work hours as well. And have expectations for daily posting too, thinking of three daily posts. One on my ideas and projects, one about my everyday job, and one post about book or technology I'm reading or exploring, and how it might be relevant to engineers or employees at my company.

It'll bring me a couple of benefits.

First, I enjoy writing more than whatever they expect me to do at work, so it'll be a net benefit for me.

Second, this would help me with my technical communications skills, and improve writing in general.

Third, I'd be able to communicate my ideas and proposals more clearly and succinctly with my co-workers.

Fourth, this would be a repository to 'flag' exciting concepts in the company, so to speak so I can take credit for them later.

Fifth, it would establish a proper routine and 'purpose' for my workdays, something I'm looking forward to every day, interesting and something relevant to my personal interests.

Sixth, it would force me to plan my writings, and force me to explore new technologies, and read up on serious technical material and books to create content for the posts.

Seventh, writing something is a great win for PR cases anyway and I can always leverage those posts later for my own personal usage.

win, win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.