Seattle arising

During my trips to Downtown area and around Pike Place market I've made this observation, and noted here, but it's been obvious for other parts of the city as well. And other people have been making the same observation more vocally and loudly in recent months too. It's clear and easy to see: that Seattle core is becoming safer, less sketchy, there's more people coming in, the tourism has increased and the city in general has been thriving. It's been the best since the pandemic, and rapidly on pace to recover back to the pattern of growth from before times. Additionally I'm told the parts of town around Pioneer Square that are specially bad and got many many large homeless camps have also cleaned up, there's increased retail presence as well as customers becoming more open to visit the area. I've seen tourist buses driving past my neighborhood, and other neighborhoods I'd otherwise consider not very touristy.

It's as clear as the Sun: Seattle is thriving, it's coming back.

On my walk to Chinatown yesterday I walked on Yessler way. Wow! The housing development, the parks there, the reduction of the homeless camps, and the general vibe of family-friendliness and safety was refreshing. I'm not afraid of that area anymore, and would happily consider living in the neighborhood, given more stores and restaurants plus groceries opened up. Like even since my move here, the changes across various neighborhoods have been night and day.

What a trip. What. A. Trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.