The carb load and nap situation is getting out of control, yalll!

It'll be kept short because this is a universal observation of sorts, combined with the possible diabetes I have, and the fact that I'm eating carb-rich foods lately, there's nothing exciting or novel about this, just something that's been occurring more often.

So I discovered what it is that makes me feel sleepy in the afternoon, the kind of daze that is impossible to overcome, where you eyes are forced shut and won't open until someone shouts at you or throws a pail of water over your face. And that is: eating carbs-and-fat heavy food in the afternoon. The body ends up using all its energy, and blood flow possibly, plus the sugar regulation thing, to process that food, and as a result you get so...very...groggy...and sleepy. That's happened to me on five distinct occasions in the last two weeks, and every point has been connected with ingesting of a massive carb-heavy meal. So now I know that these foods are effing me up (good way or bad, depending on how I'm feeling at that particular moment), I know in the future i'd be able to device tools to deal with the situation. Maybe increase protein content, increase fruits and veggies and other roughage, increase kefir and milk-related products, increase desserts and drinks, include teas of mild nature etc. To counter the drowsy effects of eating carby and fatty foods in the afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.