Walk to the office, boring day at office, so many desserts and teas!, pizza and taters for lunch so very heavy, big nap after carby lunch, trader joe's trip, apartment is hella cleaned, friend N is here! [Wed 6]

 First day back in the office! Took Madison Ave straight to work, had a bit of confusion trying to get in, but made it work, there was nobody else I knew so just chilled in the corner and got some work done. Silliest thing about the entire situation is that the screens don't even connect to our machines because we have macs so I just had to use my laptop on those desks with massive monitors and keyboards and mice because no connectors.

The one upside/downside to the whole experience was somebody had put in couple of muffins and other random desserts on the kitchen, and I tried them all. It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, the kind that comes every few months and I can't control myself, which is how I end up gaining couple of pounds in a few days that I then spend months getting rid of.

On my way back, picked up the Dominos order (large 2-topping pizza, one 2-topping for each side, and a loaded tator tot) and had it in my apartment. It was so very filling (three slices) that I thought I'd relax.

I woke three hours later. There's a different post coming ahead on how I've been unable to hold back against carb-heavy naps recently, but this was the incident that inspired the topic for the post.

In the evening went to Trader Joe's once again to collect a few things, as a walk (I think, it's unclear why I was in that part of town), and cleaned my apartment really really well, bathroom, sink, tub, kitchen, even the hidden parts all were spic and span.

Quite late in the evening, 12.45 after midnight, friend N finally arrived. We chatted for some time and I went to bed at 2 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.