Happy Dashain Everyone!

 A very happy dashain to all my readers! Usually around the holidays season I'm with family but because of specific plans and particular circumstances, that was not possible for this year's dashain. No matter I have planned tihar and other events with family, long time since I celebrated the festival with home folks, that's always an exciting thing to look forward too.


This year both sides of my family are celebrating dashain from over a half-dozen countries, in almost a dozen cities. That's the nature of existence for folks like us, from immigrant cultures whose identity and history is defined by intra-and inter-generational movement geographically for a better life for their families and their progeny. And it is exciting 'too, and those migrations have only improved the quality of life, so we must thank our ancestors who put us where we are now and who must have traveled for weeks if not months every few years to celebrate this great festival of ours.


I just talked on vibes with family who were together celebrating and it feels wonderful knowing no matter what people find excuses for Joy and celebration among themselves. Talked to my parents, grandparents and on chat groups with the cousins.
Good times, good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.