Strength of handwriting blog versus typing

Handwritten from my kindle scribe and posted with minimal editing.

So this seems a little too silly to write just for the sake of writing. The act of putting pen on paper-or in my case the kindle premium pen that cost me sixty buckaroos instead of the keyboard that is free ( on screen) or the five dollar premium pen on notebook that is also negligible in price...does it really elevate the experience that much? Is it such a big deal or am I being really sad and pathetic to justify such a big indulgence or investment?

I think the situation I'm at is this -- the two mediums have their own strength and there is so much value in their fusion. With this I no longer have to carry my laptop everywhere I go in hopes inspiration might at once strike me and I'll get a place to write... And this also avoids the downsides of... writing on paper for digitizing that... and of course one wants to digitize that.._ is a bigger hassle than writing in the first place.
So... yeah, I'm of the opinion that the added frition... literal and figurative... in writing with a pen on paper is superior.. and that this is indeed the best of all the possible worlds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.