Pre-travel shopping

Originally handwritten on my kindle, posted with minimal edits.

I wanted to buy a few things before going for holiday travels. A nice pair of shoes, couple of cute pairs of Uniqlo undergarments( my bulk Hanes underpants have the tendency to spontaneously disintegrate), and Jackets or t-shirts that might catch my fancy.

Well....

I bought four pairs of underpants at Uniqlo and they cost me almost fifty buckaroos, for that money I could get like 50 hares pairs, but that isn't a fair comparison. Then I went around looking for shoes and guess what no Shoes for my size, not even in the kids section. I could have, if I had wanted really bad, found a pair that fit me, but it was at this point in my shopping Journey that I realized I do have a few good pairs of shoes that I don't wear much in Seattle because I'm afraid of getting them dirty in the rain. 

So yeah I'll wear my little-worn shoes instead of investing in yet another pair of shoes that's unlikely to be worn...

At the Nordstorm Rack I tried several pairs of Jackets, button-downs and t-skirts and was ready to part with my dollars for them • • • had they all not been a bit large, large enough to make it clear that I was donning that jacket because it was the smallest I could find and that clearly I couldn't afford to by more well-fitted clothes. I don't want my clothes communicating f- so much about me to the Sherlock Holmeses around us so the idea was abandoned, and I came home withe 4 pairs of$$$ undies, a rubber sink-hole coven, and a literal bellyful of yummy Chipotle grub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.