A silly review for a half watched movie: American Made

I accidentally watched some parts of the movie "American Made" while doing my chore yesterday, guest-turned-roommate(?) SK was watching it and I wasn't in the mood but there was nothing good going on son I joined in. Some comments.

Tom Cruise never grows old, and he never grows tired, does he? He's still doing stunts, running around, playing the top gun maverick, well into his sixties. This is as big of a star vehicle as it gets.

The 'oh here's all the big names from the era who later turned into important people in history' reminiscent of Forrest Gump gets tiring because this is a faux-historical drama. The dramatization of the real events gets me a bit because some parts are so...unbelievable. Which is not a problem for me generally because I'm not expecting to watch a documentary, but this claimed to be based on reality, so I was expecting a bit...more...groundedness. Didn't find that.

It was okay, just oh so fine, nothing to write home about. If I had nothing else to do, nobody else to talk to and was feeling grumpy I might watch it again, but it wouldn't be out of choice. I'd rather rewatch the final seasons of Arrested Development.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.