Turns out many things at Dollar Tree are less luxurious quality, even if produced by luxury brands

I went to the Dollar Tree on Wednesday, and discovered something wild: they do have a wild variety of snacks and undermarket offerings, even from good name brands. But the downside is that some of the products (not ALL of them, but definitely some), are produced in a lesser quality than the ones you might find at a nicer place.

Case in point: Pirouline wafer sticks. The ones you get at Costco and other finer purveyors of miscellaneous snacks are dark-chocolate flavored...the chocolate is smooth and melts easily on your mouth. The one I bought at Dollar tree was milk chocolate...and it was slightly more gritty than the buttersmooth ones I've had before. Not that I would have noticed that had I not tried the other version, but I have, and now I know the difference. There's a difference between cheap chocolate and fine chocolate, right at the texture level.

Having said that, I brought up this topic to ED and she agreed vehemently with me on buying random junk snacks at Dollar Tree. Since they sell small-sized snacks, you don't have to commit to larger packs, and can be more exploratory with random brands and flavors. You can also take bigger risks because since the costs are so low, the worse case scenario with a poorly-chosen snack is a loss of a buck twenty-five instead of six or seven or eight buckaroos.

Yeah, there are both upsides and downsides to buying snacks at dollar tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.