I found out where all the homeless in Pine & 3rd went!

Originally handwritten from my kindle, posted with minimal edits.

Earlier today I went to downtown Seattle to do some holiday shopping. First destination was Uniqlo where I bought some absurdly pricey underpants. The goal was to buy shoes there as well but they don't sell shoes it turns out, not that specific store. So I went to Ross. Cut a long story short, no shoes in my size, I realized I already have enough shoes, and lots of money was saved. But that's missing the lede.

I've mentioned in these pages how the 3ʳᵈ & pine intersection feels so much nicer and safer now that all the druggies aren't there any more. Well-they seem to have moved to pike right in front of Ross. And they've moved well since the entire block between 3ʳᵈ & 4ᵗʰ is full of homeless folks. It was quite something. The only solace was nobody seemed to be actively shooting anything into their bloodstream or consuming other drugs. It didn't feel quite as scary as 3ʳᵈ did back in the day but oh that's not really saying that much.
Having said that, the general vibe of downtown Seattle still feels so much safer and more citizen friendly than it has in the past three years. Many many tourists, with families, with children, international guests, etc have all decided that downtown Seattle is safe and hospitable enough for their visit, so I will take them at their word.

Even the world-famous Crackdonald's is doing well!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.